Sunday, September 28, 2008

Did you order the Hail Mary?


You just know this is what McCain is thinking:

"What I do want is for you to stand there in that
faggoty white uniform impeccable designer suit and with your Harvard mouth extend me some fucking courtesy."

If only Friday night had gone something like this:

Obama: Senator did you order the Hail Mary?

McCain: The press wants to question Sarah Palin, thinks she isn’t fit for the job. I don't give a damn what they think they’re entitled to.

Obama: Senator, Steve Schmidt ordered the Hail Mary because that’s what you told him to do.

FOX Noise: Object!

Lehrer:
Sustained.

Obama: And when it went bad, when Governor Palin was incoherent in front of Katie Couric...

FOX Noise:
Dammit Obama!

Obama: ...You suspended your campaign to cover it up. You'll cut her loose next week before she can go before Joe Biden!



FOX Noise: Consider yourself in Contempt of the Republican Party!

Obama: Senator did you order the Hail Mary?

McCain: You want answers?

Obama: I think we’re entitled.

McCain: You want answers?!

Obama: I want the truth!

McCain: I can’t handle the truth!

Son, we live in a world that has walls, walls that were torn down by great men like Ronald Reagan. And the remains of those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. I have to try to make something out of what's left of conservative ideology. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you and your elitist friends, can be pretty damn entertaining. You don't want the truth because deep down inside when you gather at your celebrity cocktail parties, you want me lying, you need me lying. We use words like honor, code, loyalty surge, nucular, doctrine. We use them as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that the GOP has provided, and then questions if the manner is constitutional or not. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way.

Obama: Did you order the Hail Mary?

McCain: I did the job I...

Obama: Did you order the campaign suspension to cover up Sarah Palin's interview?

McCain: You’re Goddamned right I did!

-------------

Note: With all due respect to Maureen Dowd (one of my faves), the seed of this post was published in Open Thread on Friday night.

No comments: